- If the reed consumes too much air or sounds too powerful, slide the plastic bridle in a downwards direction towards the metal tip
- If the reed has a tendency of stopping, slide the plastic bridle towards the base of the reed (the hemped end)
- The metal tip
acts as a telescopic method of
adjusting the positioning of your
drone top joints on the drone
slides. This enables you to have the
flexibility to find the "sweet spot"
of your individual instrument:
- If your drone is positioned too high on the slide, pull the metal tip outwards in slight increments until you reach the desired tuning
- If your drone is tuning too low, pull the metal tip on the reed inwards
To ensure optimal response from the tenor drone reed, the bridle should be in the zone indicated on the schema.
If your tenor drone reeds have a tendency of stopping or are not powerful enough:
1. Put the bridle near the end of the notch (This is closer to the hemped end). You can see this through the tongue. 2. Hold the bridle tight. 3. Lift the glass fibre tongue by a small amount. 4. Move the bridle back toward the metal tip - but not too far (Any bridle move can change sensibly the response of the reed).